Daniel Simmons Consultancy
It is important for hotel reservations and sales teams to understand the value of the GDS (Global Distribution Systems) and Internet Distribution Systems (IDS), and to ensure the hotel is as saleable as possible on all revenue-generating electronic distribution systems.
The services we can offer you would encompass:
· increasing the revenue of hotels through targeted marketing & sales activities.
· ensuring that the hotel team is fully trained on all relevant electronic distribution systems.
· making the sales and reservations team aware of the opportunities available on the Internet and GDS.
The following activities would optimise hotel room revenue, each of which will be tailor-made to suit each hotel's requirements: -
Rate Strategy and Yield Management
· Review Rate Strategy to ensure it is correct to attract maximum bookings.
· Set up Lanyon and RFP Express with the preferred rates for 2010 as consortia contracting starts in June 2009.
· Analyse GDS monthly reports to determine the rates, agents and countries currently booking and review ways to increase current producers and seek new bookers.
· Review negotiated corporate rates and leisure rates to capture all possible corporate and leisure business.
Training and Development
· Implement a revenue management system by evaluating your business, controlling your hotel inventory and forecasting.
· Train your team on the extranet effectively to increase revenue by manipulating the rates and rate groups.
· Implement systems to enable you to control the rates, inventory, HOD (Hotel Description) to achieve more bookings.
Marketing – GDS and E commerce
· Review principles of pricing, discounting, promotions and net rate programmes offered to Websites, e.g. Expedia, Travelocity, Opodo.
· Promote your strategy across multiple distribution channels including Websites.
· Increase leisure bookings through third party websites and incentive travel.
· Ensure your hotel is visible on all revenue generating Websites.
· Formulate a revenue plan for the next 12 months.
· Set up a database of GDS sales contacts and leading travel agents to enable regular contact with relevant promotions.
· Set up a database of Website companies and review your placement exposure.
· Set up a conference and corporate database to increase conference sales.
· Arrange specific sales appointments to promote your hotel to leading agents, tour operators, corporate companies and conference agents.
· Provide Trade Show coverage if required.